You are eligible to apply for the MSA program if your nominated occupation is:
- listed on the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL) or the Short-term Skilled Occupations List (STSOL) on the Home Affairs website www.homeaffairs.gov.au and TRA is the relevant skills assessing authority
- directly relevant to your qualification and/or apprenticeship
- directly relevant to your employment.
You are not eligible for the MSA program if you are:
- an applicant from a specified country of passport and occupation, which requires a skills assessment under the TRA Offshore Skills Assessment Program
- seeking an assessment for one of the following licensed occupations: Air-conditioning and Refrigeration Mechanic, Electrician (General), Electrician (Special Class) and Plumber (General). Please refer to the TRA Offshore Skills Assessment Program
- applying for a Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485). Please refer to the TRA Job Ready Program
- applying for a Temporary Skill Shortage visa (subclass 482). Please refer to the TRA TSS Skills Assessment Program
The Pathfinder tool on the TRA website can help you determine if the MSA program is the correct assessment program for your nominated occupation.