The JRWA is part of the Job Ready Program (JRP). This step is to assess your ability to work at the required skill level for your occupation in Australia.
Current processing times for the JRWA completion:
Up to 5 months from application
If you submitted a JRWA application after December 2023, the Registered Training Organisation (RTO) will contact you within 60 days. If you have not been contacted by the RTO within 60 days, please contact us. If you are unable to attend your assessment or need to reschedule your assessment, please contact your RTO directly.
To be eligible for a JRWA, you must meet the following criteria:
- your employment arrangements have been verified by TRA
- acceptable evidence has been provided over a minimum of six (6)-months full-time equivalent employment from your JRE Start Date
- acceptable SPRs, EVRs, and any other requested information has been provided.
Please note: If you change employer, you must register your new employer as soon as possible in the Online Portal. You must also upload a completed EVR for any additional or new employer. This must be reviewed and accepted by TRA. Before your JRWA can proceed, you must have completed at least one (1) month employment with your employer after the date you registered your employer online.
Apply through our online portal
You should not apply for the JRWA before being invited to do so by TRA. Once invited, use the same username and password you received when you applied for PSA and JRE. Please ensure you have access to your Registered Email Address to receive your multi-factor authentication One Time Passcode to access the TRA Online Portal.
Then apply for JRWA through the TRA Online Portal.
Complete your application
You will need:
- updated contact details (if applicable)
- employment details for any new employment arrangements you have.
To submit your application, you need to:
- upload any required documents (if you change employers)
- pay the fee.
You cannot change or view your application once you have submitted it.
TRA does not accept applications sent by email.
An assessor from a TRA-approved RTO will perform the assessment. The assessment focuses on the tasks and duties expected of your occupation. It will be based on the tasks you record in your Employment Verification Report (EVR) and Skills Progress Report (SPR). The assessor will use a range of methods to conduct the assessment. This may include an observation of your practical skills and a technical interview. The assessor will discuss the assessment with you and will let you know how your JRWA will be conducted. An assessment plan will be given to you and your employer before the assessment occurs.
We will process your application and give an approved RTO the following information:
- contact details for you and your employer/ supervisor*
- a copy of your SPRs, EVRs, and any other relevant information
- a copy of your Australian qualification
- a copy of your passport identification page*.
* It is your responsibility to make sure this information is current and correct before you apply for your JRWA.
The assessor will contact you and your employer to set up a time and date that is suitable to do the assessment.
After your assessment, TRA will advise your JRWA outcome via email.
If your JRWA is unsuccessful:
- the JRWA report will explain the reasons for the outcome
- the email will give you the options for review or reapplication.
If your JRWA is successful:
we will email you when you become eligible for the Job Ready Final Assessment (JRFA).