The JRWA is part of the Job Ready Program (JRP). This step is to assess your ability to work at the required skill level for your occupation in Australia.
To apply for a JRWA, you must have:
- proof of paid employment in your occupation for 863 hours over at least six (6) months from your JRE start date
- a Skills Progress Report (SPR) signed by you and your nominated supervisor
- an Employment Verification Report (EVR) for each registered employer
- Your employer must sign your EVR to confirm they agree to have the JRWA done at your workplace.
Note: If you change employers, you must register your new work as soon as possible in the Online Portal. We then need to approve it before your JRWA can proceed. You may also need to provide pay evidence for at least one month of work. Read more about employer requirements in Section 2.3.2 of the JRP Applicant Guidelines.
Apply through our online portal
Use the same username and password you got when you applied for PSA and JRE.
Then apply for JRWA through the Online Portal.
Complete your application
You will need:
- Updated contact details (if applicable)
- employment details for any new employment arrangements you are claiming.
To submit your application, you need to:
- upload any required documents (if you change employers)
- pay the fee.
You cannot change or view your application once you have submitted it.
TRA does not accept applications sent by email.
An assessor from a TRA-approved RTO will perform the assessment. The assessment focusses on the tasks and duties expected of your occupation. It will be based on the tasks you record in your Employment Verification Report (EVR) and Skills Progress Report (SPR). The assessor will use a range of methods. This may include an observation of your practical skills and a technical interview. The assessor will discuss the assessment with you and will let you know how your JRWA will be conducted. An assessment plan will be given to you and your employer before the assessment occurs.
We will process your application and give an approved assessor the following information:
- contact details for you and your employer/supervisor*
- a copy of your SPRs, EVRs and any other relevant information
- a copy of your Australian qualification
- a copy of your passport identification page*.
*It is your responsibility to make sure this information is current and correct before you apply for your JRWA.
The assessor will contact you and your employer to set up a time and date that is suitable to do the assessment.
After your assessment, a JRWA report will be provided to TRA by your assessor.
TRA will email you the outcome of your JRWA application. The email will include a copy of the JRWA report.
If your JRWA is unsuccessful:
- the JRWA report will explain the reasons for the outcome
- the email will give you the options for review or re-application.
If your JRWA is successful: