The JRFA is part of the Job Ready Program (JRP). The purpose of this step is to recognise your completion of the JRP.
You can use your successful JRFA skills assessment to apply for a skilled migration visa with the Department of Home Affairs.
Current processing times for the JRFA outcome:
45 days from application
TRA will email you when our records show you are eligible for your JRFA.
To apply for a JRFA, you must have:
- a successful Job Ready Workplace Assessment (JRWA) outcome
- completed all requirements of Job Ready Employment (JRE) including:
- proof of paid employment in your occupation for 1725 hours over at least 12 months from your JRE start date.
Read Our Guidelines
Before you apply, you must read Section 2.4 of the JRP Applicant Guidelines.
Please see Section 1.6 of the JRP Applicant Guidelines.
Scan a copy of your current passport.
Apply through our online portal
Use the same username and password you got when you applied for the previous steps of the JRP.
Then apply for JRFA through the Online Portal.
Complete your application
You will need your:
- updated contact details (if required).
To submit your application, you need to:
- upload all the required documents
- pay the fee.
You cannot change or view your application once you have submitted it.
TRA does not accept applications sent by email.
TRA will email you the outcome of your JRFA application.
We aim to finalise applications within 45 days from the date you submit them online. This may vary if we have a high volume of applications or if your application is complex.
If your assessment is successful:
- you can present your outcome letter to Home Affairs as part of your migration visa application.
If your application is unsuccessful:
- the outcome letter will explain the reasons for the outcome and give you the options for review.