The JRE is part of the Job Ready Program (JRP). This step is to let you get the experience needed in an Australian workplace to develop skills relevant to your occupation.
To be eligible for JRE you must:
- have successfully completed the JRPRE
- have four months or less remaining on your student visa
- hold a visa or bridging visa that has full (unrestricted) work rights and provides sufficient time to complete the remaining requirements of the JRP (a minimum of 12 months)
- have secured eligible employment relevant to your nominated occupation (See section 2.2.9 of the Guidelines).
- If you are on a training visa or a student visa with more than 4 months remaining you are not eligible for this step.
- The following licensed occupations are not assessed under the JRP: Electrician (General), Electrician (Special Class) and Plumber (General). Please refer to the TRA Offshore Skills Assessment Program
Read Our Guidelines
Before you apply, you must read Section 2.2 of the JRP Applicant Guidelines.
Please see Section 1.6 of the JRP Applicant Guidelines.
You need to do at least 1725 hours of paid employment over a minimum of 12 months from your JRE start date.
Your JRE start date is the date you submit your application.
If you have done paid work immediately before you apply, you may claim it and we may backdate your JRE start date by up to three (3) months. Your claim must meet the requirements listed in the JRP Applicant Guidelines. We will let you know if your claim is successful and if we amend your JRE start date.
For more Information, see Australian employment conditions and workplace laws.
Prepare and scan your documents in PDF format.
Apply through our online portal
Use the same username and password you received when you applied for JRP Registration and Eligibility.
Then apply for JRE through the Online Portal.
Complete your application
You will need your:
- visa notice
- agent/representative details (if applicable)
- employment details for each employment period you are claiming.
To submit your application, you need to:
- upload all the required documents in pdf format
- pay the fee.
You cannot change or view your application once you have submitted it.
TRA does not accept applications sent by email.
It is your responsibility to find suitable employment which meets our requirements.
TRA will check the workplace listed in your application and Employment Verification Report (EVR). We may contact your employer to confirm your work details, and in some cases, we may conduct a site visit.
The workplace assessor who does your Job Ready Workplace Assessment (JRWA) receives EVRs. It is important your EVRs are accurate and reflect your workplace and the work you do.
Skills Progress Report
You need to provide a completed Skills Progress Report (SPR) six (6) months after your JRE start date. You may need one for each employer (if you register more than one).
An SPR is a self-assessment record of the skills and activities you have done in your workplace.
The workplace assessor who does your JRWA receives SPRs. It is important your SPRs are an accurate record of the work you have done.
TRA will email you to let you know when you become eligible for your JRWA.