Before making an application, you:
- must check with Home Affairs that your visa pathway requires a skills assessment
- must ensure TRA is the correct assessing authority for your nominated occupation
- should use the pathfinder tool on the TRA website to check if the PSA program is the correct assessment program for you, and
- should read these Guidelines fully and carefully, especially the eligibility and application requirements.
If you do not understand any part of these guidelines, please contact TRA.
To apply for the PSA you must register through the TRA Online Portal via the TRA website. You will be asked to create a username and password. Diagram 1 below provides an overview of the online application process.
Please retain your username and password. You will need them if you choose to apply for the Job Ready Program. After your first registration, future logins will require a multi-factor authentication One Time Passcode. This passcode will be sent to your registered email address.
Please follow the instructions in the TRA Online Portal carefully to make sure you have met all requirements to complete your application. Please make sure all details provided are current and correct. Make sure you click the ‘Submit’ button after your payment.
Agents or representatives assisting an applicant with their application must ensure the applicant’s personal contact details are provided. Failure to provide these details will delay assessment.
Your PSA application submitted to TRA must be decision ready. Please note that if your application is not complete and decision ready, you risk your assessment being delayed or assessed as unsuccessful.
Decision ready means:
- all mandatory fields in the application pages are completed
- all required documents in Section 2.2 are uploaded
- the application fee is paid.
Documentation provided as part of your application or as requested by TRA must be uploaded through the TRA Online Portal. Documents must:
- be full colour scans of the original documents (at least 150 Dots Per inch)
- be in Portable Document Format (PDF)
- not use file sharing platforms (e.g., Google Drive, Dropbox)
- not be locked or password protected.
- not exceed 90 MB for the entire application