The Job Ready Program (JRP) is a skills assessment of an applicant’s qualifications and employment experience. The assessment will compare your applied skills to determine you meet Australian standards for a skilled worker in your nominated occupations. It is a pathway for international graduates to pursue skills migration in Australia.
To achieve the objective of the JRP you must obtain a minimum of 12 months of full-time paid employment (or equivalent part-time employment) in an appropriate work environment. This will support you to develop and demonstrate your skills at the required level for your nominated occupation. The skills assessment will confirm you can:
- follow complex written and verbal directions
- complete trade or technical work unsupervised in accordance with relevant Australian industry standards
- work safely in accordance with workplace health and safety regulations
- identify, select and use appropriate tools and equipment to complete occupational tasks
- demonstrate employability skills consistent with relevant industry approved Training Packages.