Each of the JRP steps requires an online application and has specific eligibility requirements. You should familiarise yourselves with the eligibility requirements before commencing your application. Eligibility requirements must be met before you can apply. (See section 2.2.1 of the Guidelines).
The following sections provide detailed information about the requirements of each step of the program.
The JRPRE registers you in the Job Ready Program (JRP) and will assess your eligibility for the program by confirming your identity and verifying the authenticity and relevance of your Australian qualification.
A successful JRPRE outcome is required before you can apply for Job Ready Employment (JRE).
To be eligible for JRPRE you must have:
- a current passport confirming your identity
- held an international student visa (as the primary visa holder) to study in Australia
- a qualification relevant to your nominated occupation and awarded by a CRICOS registered RTO resulting from study in Australia.
2.1.2 Online application process
To apply for the JRPRE you must apply through the TRA Online Portal on the TRA website www.tradesrecognitionaustralia.gov.au.
You can sign into your online account using the username allocated to you and the password you created (see section 1.5 of the Guidelines). You should then select the Job Ready Program Registration and Eligibility link and follow the instructions to complete all fields, pay the application fee and submit the registration. Please make sure that all details provided are current and correct.
Your registration cannot be processed until all required documents listed in section 2.1.3 are uploaded via the TRA Online Portal, the application fee is paid and the submit button selected.
2.1.3 Application documents
Your JRPRE documents include the following:
- a copy of the identification page of your current passport. If the qualification you are submitting was completed under a different passport, a copy of the passport identification page of that passport must also be included
- a copy of your Australian qualification(s) certificate relevant to your nominated occupation
- the full academic transcript of results for all your provided qualification(s), that show the results for each unit of study, and the commencement and completion dates of study in Australia.
2.1.4 JRPRE Verification process
Your completed JRPRE application will be assessed based on the documentation provided. Once the assessment is completed, TRA will email you to confirm your eligibility to apply for Job Ready Employment (JRE).
If your JRPRE application assessment cannot be completed, you may be asked to provide additional documents or clarification of information provided; or your application may be unsuccessful.
Your application will be unsuccessful if:
- your documents are not relevant to your nominated occupation
- your documents contain insufficient detail to satisfy JRPRE eligibility requirements
- TRA cannot verify your qualification
- your qualification does not meet the eligibility requirements; and/or
- documents are found to contain false or misleading information.
All information and evidence provided to TRA must be true and accurate. See section 3.4 of the Guidelines for information on the consequences of providing false, misleading, non-factual or incorrect information to support your application.
2.1.5 Review of a JRPRE outcome
If you disagree with the outcome of your JRPRE (or the former Provisional Skills Assessment (PSA)) decision, you have 45 days from the date TRA emailed you advice about the JRPRE/PSA decision to apply for a review. A review will consider the information and evidence submitted in your original application and any additional evidence provided in the review application to support your claims.
Your JRPRE/PSA email will contain information about how to apply for a review and the review fee. Please read the TRA Assessment Review Policy on the TRA website www.tradesrecognitionaustralia.gov.au before applying for a review.
You are eligible for a refund of the review fee when the review results in a favourable outcome and the review was conducted solely based on the evidence provided in the original application.
You are not eligible for a refund of the review fee where you provided additional evidence to be assessed in the review application that was not provided in the original application.
You will be notified of the outcome of the review by email.
Alternatively, you can submit a new application and new documents at any time. A new application requires you to make a new registration through the TRA Online Portal. You will receive a new username, password and TRA Reference number. There is no limit to the number of times you can apply for the JRP.
Job Ready Employment (JRE) provides the opportunity to develop your skills and ability to work in an Australian workplace prior to undergoing a workplace assessment. You must be suitably employed in your nominated occupation to be eligible for JRE. You must be working with your employer when you submit your JRE application online.