How to apply
All applications submitted to TRA must be decision ready. This means you must have completed your application form, supplied all the required documents and have paid the application fee.
Please ensure you have read and understood the Migration Points Advice (MPA) Applicant Guidelines before submitting your application.
All documents are mandatory. If you fail to provide any of these documents, you risk your application being assessed as unsuccessful.
Please ensure you have colour scans (and translations if not in English) of your original:
- academic transcript/s for each qualification
- a completed employer template/self employment template for each employment period claimed
- pay evidence for each period of employment claimed
- successful skills assessment from TRA or a TRA-approved RTO in your nominated occupation.
If you are claiming periods of employment undertaken within Australia, you must include a payment summary information statement with your application. PAYG statements are not acceptable. You can request a copy of your payment summary information statement from the ATO by completing the Copies of tax documents request form found here: https://www.ato.gov.au/forms/copies-of-tax-documents-request---individuals/
It is your responsibility to ensure your scanned documents are delivered in a format that meets the requirements specified below.
All documents must be scanned in colour and emailed to TRA as an attachment.
Your application and support documents should be sent a single document. However, if your document file size exceeds the email account limits, you may split your application.
Your surname, date of birth, occupation and the number of emails submitted should be in the subject line of all emails to TRA that relate to your application.
Example: Smith - DD/MM/YYYY - Carpenter, 1 of 3
You will receive an acknowledgement letter by email once your application has been registered.
- Your documents must be scanned in full colour as a .pdf
- Document quality must be at least 150 dots per inch (dpi)
- The total maximum file size for your application email must not exceed 90 mb
- TRA cannot accept documents that are sent through file sharing platforms, such as Google Drive, dropbox etc
- Your application should not contain documents that are locked or password protected.
The Application Form
When completing the application form, please ensure you and your agent (if applicable) have:
- completed all the relevant fields, including visa and occupation
- signed the Privacy and Consent Declarations (Page 6)
- checked and signed the MPA Evidence Checklist (Page 7)
Once you have filled in the application form electronically, you must print and sign the form manually.
If you have read the applicant guidelines and gathered all the relevant documents and are ready to apply, please click below:
- MPA Application Form (PDF 888KB)
- MPA Employer Template (PDF 337KB)
- MPA Self-Employment Template (PDF 346KB)
- MPA Additional Employment Details Form (PDF 567KB)
Your application should be emailed to:
tramsaapplication [at] employment.gov.au