The Provisional Skills Assessment (PSA) is the first step of the Job Ready Program (JRP). The purpose of the PSA is to verify the authenticity of your Australian qualification and any previous employment and/or vocational placement you have undertaken in an Australian workplace. A successful PSA outcome is required before you can apply to Step 2 – Job Ready Employment (JRE).
Note: A successful PSA outcome can be used to apply to the Department of Home Affairs for a Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485). To apply for a 485 visa, your occupation must be listed as a Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL) occupation on the Department of Home Affairs Skilled Occupation List.
To be eligible to apply for PSA, you must:
- have been the primary visa holder of an international student visa for study in Australia
- have a qualification directly related to your nominated occupation that was awarded by a Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS) registered training organisation as a result of study in Australia
- have completed a minimum of 360 hours of employment and/or a vocational placement. The employment/vocational placement must have been:
- directly related to your qualification and occupation
- in an Australian workplace
- completed within the three years immediately prior to submitting your JRP application.
How to apply
To apply for PSA, you must first read the JRP Applicant Guidelines.
You can then apply for PSA through the Online Portal.
Please see the Job Ready Program (JRP) for fees.