For employment to be suitable for Step 2 of the Job Ready Program, applicants must be employed as the Director or Assistant Director of a Childcare Centre licensed by a regulatory authority with a minimum of 20 children in the 0-5 age group. Applicants must be performing the following duties and tasks:
- directing and supervising child care workers
- developing and implementing programs to enhance the physical, social, emotional and intellectual development of young children
- providing care for children in before-school, after-school, day and vacation care centre
- managing physical childcare facilities and ensuring all buildings and equipment are maintained
- maintaining records and accounts for the child care centre
- complying with government child care requirements and standards.