Go to top of page

Pathfinder summary

I want a skills assessment to improve my employability in Australia or to support my application for an occupational licence. I do not need a skills assessment for migration.

Trades Recognition Service (TRS)

The TRS is available if you are in Australia and seek formal recognition of your skills and experience to access occupational licensing and/or employability. You must be seeking a skills assessment in one of the following occupations.

  • Airconditioning and Refrigeration Mechanic [342111]

  • Boilermaker [322311]

  • Boilermaker/Welder [322311]

  • Diesel Fitter [323211]

  • Electrician General [341111]

  • Electrician (Special Class) [342313]

  • Fitter [323211]

  • Fitter and Turner [323212]

  • Metal Fabricator [322311]

  • Metal Machinist (First Class) [323214]

  • Motor Mechanic (General) [321213]

  • Sheetmetal Trades Worker [322211]

  • Welder (First Class) [322311]

Offshore Skills Assessment Program (OSAP)

The OSAP is for applicants from nominated countries and occupations who are applying for a permanent skilled migration visa. It is also available for applicants who would like a skills assessment in an OSAP nominated occupation to access occupational licensing and/or for employability. If you choose this option, you must be able to travel to Australia or an OSAP nominated country for a skills assessment. The list of OSAP nominated occupations is available on the OSAP program page.