Go to top of page

Pathfinder Summary

I am a recently graduated international student with a trade-related qualification and I need a skills assessment to apply to the Department of Home Affairs (Home Affairs) for a Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485).

If you have recently graduated from an Australian registered training organisation with a qualification in a trade or related occupation and wish to apply for a Temporary Graduate Visa (subclass 485), you can apply for a Provisional Skills Assessment which is Step 1 of the Job Ready Program. 

You can find more information here.

Please read the information in the Job Ready Program Guidelines prior to lodging an application.

TRA understands that you must nominate an occupation on the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills Lists (MLTSSL) to be eligible for a Temporary Graduate Visa (subclass 485).  If your occupation is not on the MLTSSL, you should talk to Home Affairs to discuss your options.  

A Provisional Skills Assessment can be used for the following purposes:

  • to satisfy Home Affairs skills assessment requirements for a Temporary Graduate Visa (subclass 485), or

  • in conjunction with a suitable visa which satisfies the eligibility requirements for entry into the remaining three steps of the Job Ready Program.