The Trades Recognition Service (TRS) Program will close on 1 December 2020 due to low demand and no new applications will be accepted from this date.
TRA Skills assessments will continue to be available to people who have gained their skills outside a formal apprenticeship pathway through the Offshore Skills Assessment Program available in Australia and selected overseas locations.
Australian citizens are not eligible to apply for skills assessments under any TRA Programs including TRS.
Australian Citizens seeking a skills assessment for a:
- non-licensed occupation - contact an Australian Registered Training Organisation (RTO). An Australian RTO can be found through www.myskills.gov.au
- licensed occupation - contact their local state or territory regulator for licencing advice for their nominated occupation.
Trades Recognition Australia (TRA) will continue to provide the following:
- Job Ready Program (JRP)
- Migration Skills Assessment (MSA)
- Migration Points Advice (MPA)
- Offshore Skills Assessment Program (OSAP)
- Temporary Skills Shortage (TSS) Assessment Program
There are no changes to these programs.
Please contact Trades Recognition Australia (TRA) via TRAEnquiries [at] dese.gov.au for further information.