Go to top of page


Am I eligible for a Migration Points Advice (MPA)?

What do I do if I can't download/access the application form for the Migration Points Advice?

How will I know if TRA has received my application?

How many points will I be able to claim for my qualification and/or employment?

How long will it take to process my Points Advice?

I need my application processed faster than the standard 90 days. What do I need to do?

Do I need an English Language Test (such as IELTS etc)?

Part 4 of the application form states "Formal training relevant to your nominated occupation and accredited by an authorised governing body" What does this mean?

What is the maximum amount of employment TRA will assess?

I am self-employed, can I apply?

What evidence do I need for my employment?

What if I have only worked part-time?

How many payslips do I need to provide?

I cannot obtain a Payment Summary Information statement from the ATO for the current financial year, what other evidence can I provide?

How will I know if I need to have Points Advice?

Do I need to resubmit documents I have already provided to TRA with a previous MSA or MPA application?

Why does TRA need a transcript of the subjects I studied for my qualification?

I have received my MPA letter and need feedback. What do I need to do?

How do I request a review of my MPA outcome?

I have a National Vocational Qualification (NVQ) Level 2 from the United Kingdom. Will TRA accept this as a comparable qualification for Migration Points Advice?

What is the relevant Australian qualification for my nominated occupation?

My employment is not related to my occupation. Can it be considered for Points Advice?

I have other qualifications that are not related to my nominated occupation. Can I get these assessed by TRA?

How do I request a copy of my MPA outcome letter?