You are eligible to apply for the Pilots if you:
are residing in Australia at the time you submit your skills assessment application
are in Australia on a permanent family, partner, humanitarian, refugee or a secondary skilled visa that was granted on or after 1 January 2016 (eligible visa types are listed below)
the nominated occupation is listed in the priority occupations at Section 1.2 and is:
- directly relevant to your qualification and/or apprenticeship
- directly relevant to your employment
- you have not previously undergone a migrant skills assessment for the nominated occupation with an assessing authority
- your application is submitted to TRA on or after 28 February 2022 and is decision ready in time for TRA to issue an outcome letter on or before 30 June 2023, noting this takes an average of 15 business days to process.
The Eligible Visa Types can be found under Section 1.2 The Skills Assessment Opportunities for Migrants Pilots.
You are not eligible for The Skills Assessment Opportunities for Migrants Pilot if you:
- are currently residing in a country other than Australia
- have previously undergone a migrant skills assessment including an unsuccessful skill assessment
- you are the primary holder of a skilled migration visa.